Senior Contracts and Procurement Governance Specialist
PT Vale Eksplorasi Indonesia is seeking an experienced senior contracts and procurement specialist to strengthen and maintain the existing contract and purchase order management and reporting systems and governance to ensure strict adhere to Vale SA procurement governance policy.
A. Areas of responsibility
1. Conduct Tenders in accordance with Vale policy and procedures
2. Source suppliers and obtain quotes
3. Conduction equalisation exercise to assist with supplier selection
4. Prepare Contract Award Justifications for Tenders and Quotes
5. Prepare Sole Source Justification for all non tender / quotes and obtain sign off approval
6. Write and negotiate contracts and obtain internal approvals
7. Develop contract amendments justification and prepare Contract Amendment as appropriate
8. Control and issue Purchase Orders for Jakarta office and site and obtain approval and update database ( physical and electronic )
9. Issue Contract numbers and update the Contract date base ( physical and electronic )
10. Update monthly the Contracts Control and PO / Invoice Control Registers and Data Base and identify out of norm items.
11. Prepare Regularisation justification and approval sign off where invoices are greater than PO or Contract Value
12. Manage weekly contract status stakeholder meetings and update contract status register
13. Ensure integrity of data in all procurement systems
14. Conduct regular refresher procurement training in the Jakarta and Site office.
15. Control and manage the procurement and logistic activities at site.
16. Other tasks as directed by the Operational Support Manager Australasia.
The position is based in Jakarta but will require regular travel to the company’s site location in Sumbawa (Bima). The position will report to the Indonesian Exploration Manager with a dotted line to the Operational Support Manager Australasia. The person we’re looking for will have good interpersonal skills, reliable, high accountability and be a confident presenter and have the ability to produce high quality in excel and written reports in English. He will also need to be team player, be results driven and able to work autonomously.
B. Basic requirements of the position
• A Bachelor degree ( S1 )
• 7 years’ experience in Contracts and Procurement field with a major mining or large international company
• Excellent excel skills
• Fluent in English (written and speaking)
• Ability to travel (less than 30% of the time) to site.
• Good planning, communication and relationship management skills.
The person we’re looking for will have good interpersonal skills, be a confident presenter and have the ability to produce high quality written reports in English. They will also need to be team player, be results driven and able to work autonomously.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please send your complete CV to email@example.com in English version.