GroundProbe operates in over 23 countries, serving all major mining companies through local offices across Australia, the Americas, Asia and Africa.
PT Ground Probe Indonesia, Australian based company with Indonesia head quarter in Balikpapan is a leading company providing Real Time and Critical Slope Stability Monitoring SSR ®
The Technical Specialist is a company representative at various client sites within the Asian region providing training and technical expertise, maintenance and repairs, and support of GroundProbe’s products.
• Experience in the area of electronics, mechanical, radar, telecommunications or a related field;
• Good communication skills;
• Computer literacy especially in MS Office is essential;
• Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills and highly service orientated.
• Software applications:
o Microsoft Office.
o ERP system (Microsoft AX – desirable).
o Microsoft Access
o Must be able to speak/write/read in English
• Ability to train individuals and small groups
• Mining environment / remote location experience is desirable
• Ability to develop a clear understanding of role requirements and services required and deliver on these to a high standard, on time and with minimum of supervision or direction
• Alignment with GP values and way of doing business, particularly in relation to safety first, customer focus, innovative solutions, honesty and integrity, and people matter
• Ability to successfully diagnose performance trends and deliver/continuously improve output within existing systems or methodology
• Innovative ideas and approaches
• Qualification in Electrical, Mechanical or Electronic discipline(s)
• Unencumbered Manual Drivers Licence
• Ability to obtain national police clearance certificate for work at mine sites
Geotechnical Data Analyst
Provide quality Geotechnical reports on client SSR data for final review and sign-off by the Principal Geotechnical Engineer.
• Work safely, and with regard to the safety of others, including:
o Compliance with all OH&S policies and procedures.
o Actively work to improve safety in the workplace.
• Timely delivery of quality Geotechnical reports to the Principal Geotechnical Engineer.
• Operate within the quality, standards and procedures in respect to Mine Services data analysis and reporting.
• Append all detected wall failure cases to GroundProbe’s information database.
• Mining Industry (open cut mining methods and practices in metalliferous or coal preferred).
• Geotechnical, Geological or Mining Engineering.
• Ability to analyse SSR data from client sites.
• Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Windows XP and MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access).
• Fluency in English, with other languages advantageous (for example Bahasa, Mandarin, Spanish, French or Portuguese).
• Ability to develop clear understanding of role requirements and services required and efficiently and effectively deliver on these to a high standard, on time and with limited supervision or direction.
• Tenacity and ability to solve problems.
• Alignment with GroundProbe values and way of doing business, particularly in relation to safety, honesty & integrity, customer service, team work and innovation.
• Ability to successfully diagnose performance trends and deliver and improve output within existing systems or methodology.
• Secondary education with further/continuing education in relevant subject(s)/area.
• Certificate to demonstrate English language proficiency (spoken and written).
• Tertiary education in relevant subject(s)/area.
Proven track record of success with typically two (2) or more years’ experience in data analysis and reporting, preferably within a mining or geotechnical / geological engineering capacity.
Applications complete with professional resume can be send to:
email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org