KPC’s Sangatta mines are close to the port facilities at Tanjung Bara, which is linked to the mine by an overland conveyor of approximately 13 km in length. The Bengalon mine is also close to the coast and is linked to port facilities by a 22 km haul road. The close proximity of all the mines to the ports provides KPC with the advantage of low costs for mine to port transportation.
The Bengalon mine is also close to the coast and is linked to port facilities by a 22 kilometers haul road. The close proximity of all the mines to the ports provides KPC with the advantage of lower costs mine to port transportation. KPC produces three grades of coal.
A vacancy exists within the Application Support Department for the position of Senior Specialist – Application Systems. Those who are interested in and meet the requirement for this position are invited to apply.
Key elements of the position include:
• Analyse and design the applications based on the user requirements and taking into account the existing systems.
• Develop user requirements statements in details to formulate the application designs.
• Develop and test the application programs using specific software tools relevant to the programming language.
• Develop, update and review technical documentation environment, designs, environment and modifications of databases and applications on regular basis to ensure its validity, accuracy and user acceptability.
• Administer and manage the ERP applications and its databases to ensure they are always available in good performance.
• Test patches of new features and new developed software releases in the test environment to ensure the patches are suitable for the existing systems.
• Deploy the tested and error-free application programs in the production environment.
• Follow-up problems relating to application systems and its databases to ensure their completion timely and implement appropriate actions to prevent the errors from recurring.
• Monitor daily process to detect any errors or to prevent any predicted errors and take proper actions to ensure the application systems are in good operation at all times.
• Evaluate the current application programs and initiate improvement to maximize functionality of the systems.
• Liaise with suppliers or consultants when the development of the applications required knowledge and resources beyond the current Company’s capabilities.
• Demonstrate and encourage the conformity to and implementation of HSE policies, rules and regulations.
• Tertiary qualification in an Information Technology-based business discipline, e.g., Commerce or Information Technology, from a reputable Indonesian or international institution.
• Extensive experience and proven skills in IT management, preferably in the mining or oil and gas industry, as a guide, 5 (five) years plus of post graduate experience, at least 3 (three) years of which has been relevant mining or oil and gas industry experience at Specialist or Supervisor level.
• Excellent knowledge and skills on a number of software packages relevant to job objectives to accomplish work.
• Knowledge of Ellipse or similar ERP systems would be a distinct advantage.
• Solid conceptual and analytical thinking.
• Excellent problem solving skills and aptitude to solve technical and commercial problems.
• Well-developed interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills in both English and Indonesian to liaise with KPC personnel and external suppliers and dealers.
Please send your application with a comprehensive CV (include Salary Expectation) and a recent photograph, within 2 weeks after this advertising published with email address:
PT KALTIM PRIMA COAL
PO BOX 620 Balikpapan 76106 Kalimantan Timur
Or Email: Recruitment@kpc.co.id
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process