Indonesia is one of our potential markets and now we are developing Indonesia as part of our fast growing business. We have Terminal Facilities in Tanjung Priok, Palembang, Samarinda, and still growing. We are looking for candidates who can support our growth.
The position is for contract employment. Candidates must be fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
(Road Transport, Marine, Planning & Scheduling)
Accountable for road transport, maritime (shipping/barging) logistics for delivery of products in timely manner, from terminal to customers utilizing most cost effective, safe, reliable and efficient mode of transportation
1. Cost Management
• Negotiate spot fixtures/time charter/ road transport to achieve optimal cost efficiency and operationally effective marine transportation in support of our sales activities in Indonesia.
• Accurate forecast and costing of inland marine transportation, coordinating with various departments and ensure costing information are communicated so that appropriate costs are booked and captured.
• Monitor market trends and assess viability of possible freight movement or opportunities and provide recommendations to management for further course of action.
2. Logistic Arrangement
• Coordinate with Regional Marine and terminals on vessel acceptance.
• Understand customer needs and identify the most economical handling of the product movements and the minimizing of demurrage.
• Recommend appropriate actions and clearing of each cargo/parcel movement.
• Handles all operational and scheduling matters on Time Chartered or spot charter vessels and road transport.
• Effectively schedule product movements, including timely nominations, loading/delivery orders, documentations, and ship/terminals clearance.
• Manage surveyor attendance and ensure shipping agents coordination for proper documentation.
• Manage third party inspectors’ claims and inquires.
• Review and audit all shipping, road transport and transfer files and documents and ensure zero margins of errors.
• Ensure all documents are in order and readily available to management.
• Manage the Shipping and road transport files and document Control.
• Work with supplier, barrage and road transport owners to execute appropriate maritime solution (e.g. oil tanker, traditional barging, sets, trucks (tugboat and barge, etc.) in consideration of Indonesia inland river bends and marine conditions (for example, barging might require shallow draft barges or self-propelled barges to accommodate river bends etc.)
• Ensuring flawless operations in meeting Puma and regulated safety requirements. Observant of safety and controls issues.
• Maintain all shipping operations files to ensure all available data, documentation, stock reconciliations & correspondence are in place so as to facilitate claims and disputes, if any
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all regulatory requirements, location and product specification
• Review vessel Owners & Transporters performance.
• Administration (PO, PR, Agreement review, vessel Doc, and Etc).
1. Strong computer skills required.
2. Good communications and interpersonal skills, to deal with a multinational environment.
3. Strong commercial acumen, negotiation and relationship management skill. 4. Good analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Basic managerial skills and flexibility for teamwork.
6. Problem solving and analytical ability
7. Accuracy and attention to details.
8. Fluent and proficient in English.
1. 3-5 years minimum of experience in vessel chartering, have sound knowledge of Charter Parities and extensive networks in the Indonesia Shipping industry, and understanding of local oil tanker and barge markets, transporters contracts and industry players.
2. Bachelor - Maritime Studies, supply chain, logistic or related discipline
3. Bulk liquid logistics arrangement and various mode of maritime and road transportation. Ability to handle charter party agreements, including knowledge of petroleum/energy logistics, operation, marine chartering, scheduling and dispatch process in Indonesia.
4. Exposure to and understanding of local (Indonesia) transport and shipping network.
5. Oil Industry experience will be an advantage.
6. Knowledge of Indonesia transportation and documentation procedures, including import/export and chartering party documentation
7. Have abilities on evaluating economics & viabilities of potential business opportunities incorporating logistics & operational factors.
8. Understanding of local river shipping and transporter network.
To apply, please visit http://www.pumaenergy.com/en/careers/job-search
Jobs Search -> Select Regions Asia -> Select Country Indonesia