This exciting new project will be constructed approximately 15 kilometres from Panyabungan and is expected to treat 1Mtpa. SPGP has an expected operating life of 10 years. although additional gold resources are expected to be discovered in this prospective area to increase the project life.
SENIOR LEADERS — EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Pending financing and approvals, construction at the site is expected to commence in 2014 and mine production using open cut methods to commence in 2015. The company invites expressions of interest from senior and experienced professionals in the following areas of expertise that will report directly to the General Manager
• Gold Processing
• Mine Maintenance
• Health, Safety & Environment
• Purchasing & Logistics
• Asset Protection
• Human Resources & Training
• External Relations
The site is a green-fields” site requiring exposure to the following; development and implementation of international best practice and standards, construction and commissioning experience, establishment of startup teams, training and development of subordinates, excellent organizing skills and a desire to assist in building a successful gold mining business.
Skills, Education and Expertise :
• University and/or post graduate qualification.
• 10 to 15 years of work experience in your discipline
• 7-10 years in supervisory/managerial positions.
• Strong background in the senior leadership of an international mining company and familiarity with international standards and principles are desirable.
• Experience in set-up of new departments
• Proven experience in training and coaching new people
• Excellent English speaking and written expression required
Reporting to the GM Operations
Your key responsibilities will be :
1. Direct the resources and activities of the department to support the H&S programs by providing advice and guidance to management.
2. Continually maintain appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparadness across the department to create a culture that that priorities effective H&S and balance of overall associated
3 Review internal H&S police and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazards and risks assessments and change existing policies and practices, or development new recommendation from the assessments.
4 Serve as the Company s expert within the field of H&S as require to address regulatory compliance and safety matter relating to other stakeholders
5. Responsible for the staffing and directing the H&S department including the management of all H&S personnel.
6. Develop annual budget recommendation and review budget implementation.
7. Conduct investigations and provide report required exclusive of recommendations necessary corrected actions.
• Strong understanding of compliance an risk management, safety culture,and management of environmental auditing procedure;
• Problem solving and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Safety training (at least POP).
• Computer literate in MS Office
• Good English competencies.
• At least 5 years of experience in related field (H&S) and working in multi-national organizations in mining or oil and gas industry.
• Exposure to Construction is desirable.
In addition to the above, the successful applicants will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, high personal values consistent with those of the company and the proven ability to create, develop and operate within a team culture.
Responses from recruitment consultants will not be accepted at this stage.
Applications can be made by submitting your CV to : email@example.com or the office address (International Financial Center— IFC), 9th floor. Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 22-23, Jakarta 12920 or Jl Merdeka Gunung Tua - Lumban Pasir. Panyabungan, Mandailing Natal Sumatera Utara, 22918 not later than 20 July 2013 (Senior Leader) and 13 July 2013 (Superintendent)