In 2002, we established the Global Sourcing Division of Walmart. It was a successful initiative to facilitate the direct purchasing of merchandise for all Walmart retail operations. Headquartered in Shenzhen, China and with offices located globally, our division continues to develop and maintain a fully integrated supply chain that delivers merchandise to our retail locations across the globe.
At Walmart Global Sourcing, we offer career opportunities to work for the largest worldwide retail company, a leader in corporate sustainability, and a business with one of the biggest, most diverse product bases. Join our team today.
Due to our rapid growth, we currently have exciting opportunities for people with exceptional drive and enthusiasm to build a rewarding career with us:
Quality & Production Technologist / Quality and Production Manager
He/She is responsible for ensuring that factories in the region are audited, suitable, and capable in meeting Walmart quality and product safety requirements. Meanwhile, he/she needs to ensure the monitoring of pre-line and in-line production, working closely with factories and suppliers to ensure that right quality product is manufactured and shipped.
* Ensure that production is placed with suitably qualified factories based on capability, capacity and performance. Manage the Factory Capacity & Capability Audit (FCCA) process, report and Corrective Action Plans, to be reviewed an validated and an accurate database maintained
* Provide technical advice during development meetings so potential problems due to design, fabric and construction are flagged before order placement
* Worked in a QA role and been involved with training, problem solving and prevention activities (establishing SOPs, pre-production activities etc) and Traffic Light controls on sewing
* Focused working with factories on complex, key item programs to ensure equipment, skill level, production planning and capacity meet all Walmart’s needs prior to production, providing problem resolution in factories
* Monitor factory performance in terms of quality, delivery, efficiency of execution – inc. production laboratory test results, final inspection and in store or DC quality monitoring
* Lead and manage Production Technologist team
* 10 years of working experience in Apparel production and quality assurance
* Degree holder in Garment Production Management or related field preferred
* A firm understanding of the manufacturing process ideally in a production management or Industrial Engineering role.
* Well-developed knowledge of garment construction, cutting, sewing, and finishing
* Proven experience working in apparel factories in production (shop floor level), machinery used and quality management
* Familiar with the concept of Lean Manufacturing
* Experience in working with recognized brands, preferably in a buying office
* Strong team player with developed interpersonal and communication skills
* High integrity and business ethics
* Good spoken and written English
You may apply by sending your detailed resume (indicating the job title in the subject title) stating current & expected salary to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission is 30 October 2010. We regret that only short list candidates will be notified