GENERAL AFFAIRS OFFICER
To support the operations in Romang, a General Affairs Officer is required to meet the needs on logistics and transportations in Kisar Island.
Reporting to the Superintendent,Transport & Logistics and liaising with other Officers dealing with logistics, transportation and general affairs, the General Affairs Officer will ensure that the logistical and transportation support in Kisar is properly provided and managed, in compliance with GBU policies and procedures. The General Affairs Officer will also provide some support in handling documents from and to the MBD Government. However, he/she is not involved in government relations matters.
LOCATION, REPORTING, SUPERVISION
Based: Wonreli, Kisar Island, Maluku Barat Daya (MBD) District, Indonesia
Report to: Superintendent – Transport & Logistics (based in Kupang, NTT)
• Procure goods and services in Kisar for GBU operations as needed and in compliance with GBU policies and procedures in goods and service procurement.
• Ensure effective and efficient coordination with GBU offices in Jakarta, Kupang and Romang.
• Ensure effective and efficient coordination on air transportation with GBU offices in Jakarta, Kupang and Romang.
• Handle requests for seats from non-GBU staff according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and availability of seats, and obtain approval from the Supervisor before requests can be granted.
• Conduct checking of passengers embarking the aircraft, according to the GBU list of passengers.
• Maintain a close supervision of loading and uploading of cargo and passengers’ luggage at Kisar airport in line with the GBU internal GBU list.
• Maintain a good rapport with the Kisar Airport Authority.
• Ensure effective and efficient coordination on sea transportation with GBU offices in Kupang and Romang.
• Handle requests for free boat rides from non-GBU staff according to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and availability of space, and obtain approval from the Supervisor before requests can be granted.
• Conduct checking and rechecking of passengers embarking the boats, according to the GBU list of passengers.
• Maintain a close supervision of loading and uploading of cargo and passengers luggage at Kisar airport in line with the GBU internal GBU list.
• Obtain chartered boats in case of emergency or special needs.
• Obtain clearance of in/out documents for GBU boats from the Port Master in Kisar.
• Obtain extension of local permits for GBU boats from the Port Master in Kisar and follow up on delays of the issuance in Kisar and/or Kupang as needed.
• Maintain a good rapport with the Port Master in Kisar.
• Arrange the pick-up of GBU staff & guests to and from Kisar Airport and Pantai Nama or Pantai Jawalang seaports.
• Ensure the maintenance of GBU vehicle.
• Obtain local operation permit for GBU vehicle from the local Police office
Permit & contract acquisition & renewal
• Ensure all permits needed for GBU operations in MBD are acquired and timely renewed.
• Obtain and renew contracts with office building owner, service providers and other suppliers/contractors as necessary, and supervise the delivery of goods/services as agreed.
Administration & finance
• Maintain effective and efficient internal communications with GBU offices in Jakarta, Kupang, and Romang.
• Receive letters/documents from the MBD Government and send them to Jakarta/Romang and vice versa.
• Prepare a weekly report (progress/pending matters/plan) for submission to the Supervisor.
• Manage the operational funds of the Kisar office and prepare a monthly financial report and fund request.
• Coordinate with the Financial Controller on the accountability of the finances of the Kisar Office.
• Prepare hand-over note for and brief the person in charge of the Kisar office before taking a two-week leave.
Utilization and maintenance of communication means
• Maintain all communication means (Bgan, SSB Radio Communication, VSat) to GBU optimum and effective purposes.
• Ensure sufficient power supply of all communication means.
Staff Guesthouse Management
• Manage the staff guesthouse in Kisar (cleanliness, food, maintenance of furniture & other equipment, safety and security)
• Supervise the Logistic Assistant and the office cleaner/cook.
• Inform and coordinate with the External Relations Manager on Government Relations matters that may arise.
• Ensure the proper use and safety of office assets including company’s vehicle.
• Conduct proper maintenance of the office building and other equipment in the Kisar Office.
• Special assignment by Superior beyond stated above.
• At least a three-year diploma (D3) in management or other areas.
• At least 3 year work experience in logistics and/or transport management.
• Available to live on-site at Kisar Island on a roster basis (5 weeks work and 2 weeks off).
• A good skill in administration and management.
• A strong inter-personal and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good English.
• Good computer skills.
PERFORMANCEAND DURATION AND CONTRACT
Annual performance objectives will be established based on the above Responsibilities and a performance review will be conducted every six month.
A one-year contract will be offered to the suitable candidate. A renewal of contract or permanent employment is a possibility, based on the needs of PT GBU and the performance of the position holder and with adjustments/revisions of the job description as necessary.
Please send your application stating the position to firstname.lastname@example.org not later 2 weeks since this advertisement.