The company was founded on January 25, 1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports by Bill Bowerman and Philip Knight, and officially became Nike, Inc. in 1978. The company takes its name from Nike, the Greek goddess of victory; it is also based on Egyptian usage of "strength", "victory", nakht . Nike markets its products under its own brand as well as Nike Golf, Nike Pro, Nike+, Air Jordan, Nike Skateboarding and subsidiaries including Cole Haan, Hurley International, Umbro and Converse. Nike also owned Bauer Hockey (later renamed Nike Bauer) between 1995 and 2008. In addition to manufacturing sportswear and equipment, the company operates retail stores under the Niketown name. Nike sponsors many high profile athletes and sports teams around the world, with the highly recognized trademarks of "Just do it" and the Swoosh logo. Currently Nike Indonesia is inviting high quality and experienced candidates to join with our professional team to fill these positions below :
Lab Test Engineer (LTE)
He/she will work with various customer groups on design and innovation work through production, to define and implement procedures to testing new products, and developing technologies. He/she also selects testing specifications nd ensures testing procedures are in compliance with internal and external standards.
- Bachelor's and Master Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Materials or Bio Mechanical Engineering
- 1 to 3 years experience in test design, data collection, data analysis, equipment design and/or product development is required. Experience in sports equipment testing or product development (particularly footwear) is strongly desired
- It is highly preferred that he/she has experience in Design of Experiments, has ability to conduct statistical analysis using statistical software (i.e. MiniTab) and able to explain the result to non-statistical person
- Excellent English and computer literacy is essential
- Organization, planning and written/verbal communication skills, ability to do multiple tasks
- Ability to work with and collaborate with other functions across countries vendors and factory groups
The sucessful candidate will locally drive corporate strategic material initiatives with a focus on innovation, quality, delivery, pricing and sourcing to address Nike's corporate responsiblity, product creation and supply chain needs. He/she will also support assigned categories as the functional Nike Liaison Office lead for Materials, develop expertise in material attributes as required, and provide work direction, coaching and mentoring to his/her subordinates.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Material Science, Engineering or related fields from an accredited University
- Candidate should have minimum 6 years of footwear industry experience and through understanding of products creation and manuacturing process timelines
- She/he should have strong expertise in one or multiple material categories (synthetics, textiles and leathers and/or footwear accesories)
Please email your application and resume in English along with your recent photograph to ; HR.Indonesia@nike.com
Closing date for submission is 30 March 2013
Only shotlisted candidates who also meet the qualifications will be invited for an interview and no e-mail or telephone queries will be entertained.