We run programmes to promote understanding between cultures and to help address development issues like reducing the number of women who die in child birth; or improving capacity in local government. We support British companies who want to do business in Indonesia.
We provide visas for people who want to visit the UK, passports for British nationals, help for our citizens if they are in trouble and a lot more. I hope you enjoy looking at the site and that it gives you the information you need.
Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)
The British Embassy Visa Section currently has 1 locally engaged ECO vacancy. For operational reasons preference would be given to any successful candidate who has already been trained and worked as an ECO. However, training may be provided if necessary. The successful applicant will also need to pass (or have passed) the necessary internal security clearances and residence requirements before starting work. Applicants must have a British Passport. This opportunity may particularly appeal to you if you would like to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment as part of a dynamic team of people committed to achieving clear service delivery goals. There may be further short term vacancies in the future.
Main duties of this position will include:
* Assessing the full range of visa applications and occasionally interviewing applicants in a fair, objective and courteous manner. Making quick and pragmatic decisions to issue and refuse visas in accordance with the Immigration Rules, and within agreed time-scales
* Preparing written statements and paperwork related to the appeals process, and making sure that they are well presented and accurate.
* Gather and Manage Information – ensure both the right depth and breadth of information and knowledge are appropriately gathered and applied from a variety of sources;
* Identify Options and Make Well Judged Decisions – take difficult decisions after assessing the available evidence;
* Write Effectively – produce written information which sets out key issues, options and actions in a clear and well structured fashion;
* Speak Effectively – adopt an appropriate communication style to suit the needs of the audience;
* Develop and Maintain Good Working relationships – actively build and maintain positive working relationships within your team and stakeholders;
* Setting The Direction – look to continually generate improvements and involve your team in making such changes happen;
* Leading on Equality and Diversity – act as a role model to others through valuing diversity.
The skills we are looking for are:
* Good communication skills with excellent spoken and written English
* Computer literacy with accurate typing skills of at least 25 words per minute
* The ability to remain customer focused, polite and courteous under pressure
* The ability to work quickly and reliably with little supervision to meet challenging targets
* The capability of making quick decisions, in accordance with set rules and the ability to show that these decisions are fair and just
* Ability to work well under pressure
* An excellent team player - this is an all for one, and one for all environment
* Flexibility and a positive attitude to working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated department, which is working at the forefront of visa work. We are committed to improving standards and procedures, and we are looking for like-minded employees
* An excellent representative of the Visa Department, the British Embassy and of the UK Government.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should submit his or her CV by mail or e-mail to:
Jl MH Thamrin kav 75,
Jakarta 10310 or
Email : Jakartajob.Applications@fco.gov.uk , along with the completed e-application form , no later than close of business on 10 March 2011 quoting Office Notice ECOBE/III/2011.