The entry into force of the ASEAN Charter in 2008 has had a profound effect on the roles and operations of the ASEAN Secretariat (ASEC). As the 2015 target date for the achievement of the ASEAN Community approaches, the number and range of activities to be undertaken will increase and intensify. This in turn will place increased demands on the nature of ASEC’s support.Currently ASEC is looking for qualified and suitable candidate to fill the position of Technical Officer External Relations Division 1, who will work under the External Relations Directorate, ASEAN Political & Security Community Department. This Division manages external relations with Dialogue Partners and other States, coordinate cooperation with UN, UN Specialised Agencies, international organisations and support the relevant ASEAN Committees in Third Countries.
Technical Officer External Relations Division 1
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical and administrative support to the ASEAN Bodies with respect to meetings under ASEAN’s cooperation with the ASEAN‐UN, UN Specialised Agencies and ASEANInternational and Regional Organizations:
* Assist with compiling and/or providing the relevant documents such as briefing notes, talking points and presentations for the meetings.
* Assist with and/or draft meeting and/or mission reports.
* Assist with the coordination of the follow‐up actions and decisions with relevant internal and external parties.
2. Provide administrative support with respect to implementation of programmes and projects under the cooperation activities between ASEAN and UN, UN Specialised Agencies and ASEAN‐International and Regional Organizations:
* Formulate, appraise, implement and monitor programmes/projects under the ASEAN cooperation activities with UN, UN Specialised Agencies and ASEAN‐International and Regional Organizations’.
* Maintain and manage documentation of programmes/projects.
3. Facilitate requests from the ASEAN Member States, Dialogue Partners and other External
Entities as required
* Collect and compile information for reference and analysis.
* Prepare overview paper on ASEAN‐Dialogue Partner relations.
* Prepare documents for meetings with UN, UN Specialised Agencies and ASEANInternational and Regional Organizations and other external entities
* Bachelor degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Public Administration, Laws, Social Science, Economics, Management or an appropriate related field or discipline with a minimum five (5) years relevant work experience in technical role.
* Demonstrated knowledge and policy, research and technical skills in the relevant area and ability to acquire them.
* Proven skills in problem solving in a complex organisational environment and in work planning.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, monitor and review policy and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
* Very good oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, including experience in cross‐cultural environment and international settings.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
* Demonstrated commitment to collaborative work practices.
* Competency in computer skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook where relevant to the position.
* Sound command of English, written and spoken.
Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools; ability to multi‐task, work long and irregular hours, and perform tasks outside the usual job scope; ability to function effectively, independently and as part of a team; and a willingness to travel frequently on short notice.
Remuneration and Benefits:
Successful candidate will be offered the post with a probation period of six months and monthly salary commensurate with his/her personal qualifications starting from IDR 5,000,000. There are other applicable benefits which include monthly transportation allowance, outpatient medical reimbursement, hospitalisation insurance, and an annual bonus of a month’s basic salary. Upon completion of the probationary period, the candidate will be confirmed on an initial up to three‐year contract, inclusive of the six‐month probationary period.
How to apply:
Send your application to hr‐email@example.com highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, including a recent passport‐sized photograph and certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded at www.asean.org/opportunities.
Please indicate on the subject heading: Application for Technical Officer External Relations Division 1.
Application papers should reach the ASEAN Secretariat by 30 March 2011. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only short‐listed candidates will be notified.