PT Minorco Services Indonesia has a vacancy for a COMMUNITY RELATIONS SUPERVISOR.
- Positively manage face-to-face community consultation, organising and attending community liaison group meetings conducting presentations and completing reports on behalf of the organisation.
- Serve as the focal point of contact with the local Papua Barat communities, liaising with community leaders, local government units, local council members and community groups.
- Represent the company in the geographic area surrounding the site operation and as such, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining a positive corporate image as well as ensuring a strong flow of information between the company, community groups and local government units.
- Develop and lead the implementation of Community Capacity - Building Programs, in consultation with the community council, local government units, community groups and other key stakeholders of the project.
- Handle the day to day management of company s Community Development Projects and initiatives implemented in areas and surrounding areas where the company is conducting mineral exploration activities.
- Facilitate community and community-related events, such as, but not limited to, Kampung assemblies and consultations.
- Ensure policies and procedures of the company on community relations and community development are adhered to. These polices will include Community Engagement Guidelines, SHEC-list Good Citizenship and Business Principles.
- Must have 4-5 years of demonstrated working experience in Community Relations, Community Development, Community Engagement preferably in the minerals and mining industry.
- Must a have a degree in Community Development or Social Science from a reputable school or university.
- Must have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, problem solving capabilities, knowledge of community planning and ability to develop strong networks, to be a strong contender for the position.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of community planning, community strengthening initiatives and positive community engagement.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in community engagement, participation and volunteering.
- Background in rural as opposed to urban poverty alleviation projects with good understanding of rural economies in terms of agriculture fisheries, mining, forestry an advantage.
- Experience in West Papuan area (people and culture), especially in rural poverty alleviation, educational, health and small business projects essential.
- Ability to effectively communicate with company management LGUs and communities.