Post Title: Driver for CapEFA Project
Duty Station: Dili, Timor Leste
Duration: 7 months with 3 months probationary period
Closing Date: 4 June 2011
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the over-all supervision of the Director of UNESCO Office, Jakarta and guidance of the Head of Education Unit, UNESCO Office, Jakarta and the Chief of Dili Antenna Office and the direct supervision of the CapEFA Chief Technical Adviser, the CapEFA Project Driver shall be responsible for the CapEFA vehicle for the transport of all CapEFA Project staff and shall likewise provide transport services to other Dili Antenna Office staff when necessary. The CapEFA Driver shall have the following specific responsibilities:
1. Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the CapEFA vehicle such as checking of vehicle oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.
2. Performs minor repairs of the vehicle when necessary and arrange for required/needed repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean all the time
3. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc. and ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
4. Provides general administrative and operational support by:
• Assisting in monitoring and controlling of the office mails/communications of the CapEFA Team and report regularly to the Administrative Assistant;
• Typing simple and routine correspondence when necessary as requested by the Administrative Assistant;
• Making photocopies and production of materials when necessary and required;
• Assist in general archiving and arranging of the office documents and publications into a tidy and neat place;
5. Meet visitors either of the CapEFA Project or visitors in general of the Dili Antenna Office at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities if necessary.
6. Provide driving services to the CapEFA Team during key events and activities and assist in the logistical services in carrying out these activities/events.
7. Performs others duties that maybe assigned by CapEFA Team.
Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Timorese national
• Must have at least completed secondary level or equivalent education
• With at least 3 to 5 years driving experience (with license as a professional driver)
• Has a background of driving in an organization/agency (either private or government)
• Ability to work in a team
• Committed, energetic and willing to learn
• Literate in basic computer operation is an advantage
• Can at least communicate and understand basic English
All applications, in English, have to be received by UNESCO by COB 4 June 2011. The application should also include the most recent Curriculum Vitae as well as a non returnable passport-sized photo and send by e-mail or hard copy to:
Head of Education Unit
UNESCO Office, Jakarta,
Jl. Galuh II No. 5
Fax: (62 21) 727 96489
UNESCO Dili Antenna Office
UN Agency House
Rua Caicoli, Dili, Timor-Leste
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The salary level is indicative only and will be subject to the qualification and experience of the chosen candidate. UNESCO reserves the right to appoint a selected candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.