PT Merck Tbk. is a leading multinational company in the pharmaceutical and chemical business in Indonesia. Founded in 1970, PT Merck Tbk went public in 1981, and was one of the first companies registered on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. The majority of the shares are held by the Merck Group, headquartered in Germany the oldest pharmaceutical and chemical companies in the world.
In pharmaceutical, we manufacture and markets well-known pharmaceutical brands such as Neurobion®, Sangobion® and Glucophage® in a cGMP certified facility. In Chemical business, Merck markets a whole range of laboratory reagents, pigments and other specialty chemicals.
To accelerate our growing business, we are looking for candidates as:
Associate Product Manager (APM)
- Identifies the need for market research (e.g. gaining customer insight,adoption tracking, test positioning and messages, messagerecall test, pricing etc.
- Analyses and interprets the research data presented to assist in strategic decision and applied effectively to marketing plans
- Gathers market data on environment, epidemiology, customers & patients needs, treatment map, competitor
- Alignment of strategic marketing plan objectives to sound market research finding
- In line with plan, delivers, arranges, conducts and co-ordinates the implementation of critical external stakeholder activities including advisory boards, symposia, CME’s, exhibitions, conferences and meetings.
- Designs and develops promotional materials reinforcing the product/brand positioning and competitive advantage
- Quality and timeliness of promotional materials accepted by sales teams, feedback positive from teams to PM
- Presents clear strategies and plans at cycle meetings, obtains support and enthusiasm for plans from sales teams
- Provides scientific information on the product/brand (publications, slide kits) to build and maintain relationship
- Takes initiative to maintain and upgrade product knowledge through sourcing for product information, reading clinical reports/publications, medical journals
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree / Post Graduate Degree, in Pharmacist or General Practitioner.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience as Product Executive or in Product Management, preferably from Pharmaceutical or FMCG Company
- Having knowledge in Pharmaceutical Marketing and in Interpersonal Relationship
- Fluent in English both oral and written and familiar in using computer
- To prepare and monitor financial related matters, such as: Daily advance / settlement and Monthly expense report
- To compile and distribute proposals (from external and internal). Compile proposals for events sponsored by the company and obtain approval
- To handle travelling arrangement (hotel, transportation, expenses, etc) and meeting arrangement (venue, meeting facility, reservation, food and beverage, etc)
- Circulate the draft of promotional material for getting approval from related department and ensure the promotional materials be ready in due time
- To coordinate sponsorship arrangement (advance request and settlement)
- To assist Brand Manager in promotional items (contacting suppliers, request quotations, follow up delivery, etc)
- To maintain and update departmental filling
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Marketing, Secretarial or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience as Secretary or Marketing Administration Support, preferably from Pharmaceutical (Ethical) or Consumer Good Company
- Creative and Detail oriented
- Time conscious
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- Familiar with Ms Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Preparing new packaging
- Assisting in brand activation programs
- Monitoring on field execution
- Bi-weekly market visit
- Preparing innovative promo materials
- Analysis of sales report and Nielsen data
- Coordination with supply chain/distribution manager
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Marketing or equivalent.
- Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply
- Male /Female, age 23-27 years old
- Willing to travel
- Able to work under pressure
- Good analytical, strategic, communication, and project management skills
- Good sense of teamwork
- Self motivated, can work independently
- Maximum 1 year period contract in which he/she will be rotated within marketing department
- At the end of the period, if there is vacancy and the candidate shows good performance, will be promoted to permanent employee and fill in the position of Associate Brand Manager/Brand executive
- Ensure that sales, distribution, and merchandising opportunities are maximized and the year’s sales budget on the area is achieved by working close harmony with the assigned key customer accounts in the area.
- Create sales and budget target for Key Accounts and set targets for sub-ordinates in area representative.
- Work closely with the distributor in order to monitor the stock level in the distributor’s warehouse and in outlets while making activities in certain accounts to avoid out of stock within the activities period.
- Regular visit and monitor potential and key customers/outlets/ distributor as well as to conduct regular business review with key accounts in order to improve Merck’s business in the Area.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Social Science/Sociology, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Economics, Marketing, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in pharmaceutical industry (OTC) or Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) is required for this position preferably Supervisor specializing in Sales-Corporate
- Fluent in English
- Having presentation and negotiation skills
- Familiar with Ms Office (excel, word, power point)
- This position will be placed in Jakarta and East Java
- Provide an optimum support to marketing and sales operation and being main partner in maintaining an optimum customer service
- Defining the materials and quantity which should be ordered based on the MRP calculation and license checking
- Defining the orders from customers which sholud be esculated and creating consolidated and customized order
- Giving an advance alert for any storage materials and solution
- Regularly follow up all the pending purchase order to all supplier
- Ensuring all the item arrived on time
- Maintain good relationship with internal customers and all company's suppliers
- Meet the timeline working and provide all reports on time
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Engineering (Chemical), Chemistry, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Logistic/Transportation, Pharmacy/Pharmacology or equivalent.
- At least having 2 year(s) logistic/inventory planning experience in pharmaceutical, chemical or logistic multinational company
- Having an experience in Inventory Management or Inventory Planning in Manufacturing or Chemical Trading Company
- Possess in Basic Inventory Management
- Familiar with ERP System (Scala and or SAP), and Microsoft Office (Ms. Word, Excel, and Power Point) is preferable
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- Ensure the achievement of sales and GP target in designated area for the designated product range assigned by superior
- Ensure the full coverage of the market, existing and potential customers, maintain the contacts with all relevant customers and dealers
- Responsible for the effective implementation of action plan in line with business strategy in designated area and product range
- Actively implement and support promotional activities; product campaigns, seminar, customer focus groups, in house training, etc
- Displays or demonstrates product using samples, demo units, brochure or catalog
- Keep customers informed on new products or services, pricing and change
- Regularly monitor and review sales achievement in one own area
- Coordinate with internal sales representative/customer care center officer, provide updated information about the customers. dealers, etc. in order to keep account and/or literature up to date.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Chemical Engineering
- Fresh graduate are welcome, preferably has at least 1-3 year(s) of working experience in Marketing/Sales, or equivalent in Chemicals or Pharmaceuticals field
- Possess Driving License C
- Fluent in English and also familiar with Ms Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willing to travel around Indonesia (overnight)
- This position will be placed in Makassar and Balikpapan