Shell Indonesia has received the Indonesia's Most Admired Companies (IMAC) Award 2007 and 2008 for Oil & Gas category for its best Corporate Image, by Business Week Magazine and Frontier Consulting Group.
Operating in Downstream Oil Products, Shell Indonesia serves the business and motorist market segments. Shell Indonesia manages the business operations that include marketing and trading lubricants directly as well as through its appointed distributors. The Route To Market Manager is responsible to develop new Route To Market (RTM) models that are consistent with Global Marketing strategies, including transferring best practices to the Country.
The Monas lubricant oil blending plant (LOBP) project by Shell will bring world-class facility to Indonesia. Being closer to customers will allow Shell to supply a full range of high-quality motor oils, transmission oils and industrial lubricants to the market, with the potential to expand distribution to neighbouring countries in the future.
Built on 75,000 square meters of land in Marunda Center (north of Jakarta), the Monas plant will supply a range of high quality lubricants for consumer, transport, industrial, and marine markets in Indonesia. The facility is expected to have a production capacity of 120,000 tonnes per year, producing Shells major brands like Shell Helix, Shell Advance, Shell Rimula, Shell Tellus, and Shell Omala, making it the largest lubricants blending plant operated by an international oil company in Indonesia.
We are currently on the search for talents to help us tackle the energy challenge – now and in the future.
Country Corporate Communicate Manager
• To proactively build our reputation as the most competitive and innovative energy company in Indonesia on behalf of the Shell Group in support of our business goals;
• To ensure Corporate Communication (CX) support for the businesses in Indonesia;
• Support Country Chair and Senior Management;
• To help develop talent in the CX team in ’country’;
• The CX Manager is expected to have a sound understanding of country and regional business, social/cultural trends and key decision makers/influencers, as well as an understanding of the key business drivers for Shell in Indonesia.
• Provide strategic counsel to Country Chair (CCH), visiting senior leadership on engagement with external and internal stakeholders to achieve cross-business goals and enhance RDS license to operate;
• Oversee plans to support CCH capability in all representation areas such as government, media, NGO and think tanks;
• Ensure integration of stakeholders management in country by:
o Working closely with Government Relation in country and the AP region, to ensure integrated approach in managing key external stakeholders with consistent and aligned messages;
o Working closely with HSSE, Sustainable Development & Social Performance resources to identify and mitigate potential risks and issues that could potentially harm Shells reputation;
o Support political reviews, strategic country studies, and opportunities, reputation & brand management in-country.
• Develop and execute a Country Reputation Plan that builds, maintains and manages a network of key external stakeholder relationships that includes media, academia, multilateral organizations, NGOs and community leaders in line with the Center of Excellence (CoE) standards and policies;
• Lead the development and implementation of local communications strategies and plans (both internal and external) for businesses in ’country’ to achieve local business goals (in line with global business CX strategies as well as Internal Communications CoE standards, tools and policy);
• Responsible for Shell Companies in ’country’ crisis & issues management, ensuring a suitable crisis plan is maintained and updated, crisis team is trained and exercises held to ensure crisis preparedness and provide assurance on the crisis preparedness process;
• Build, maintain and manage Social Investment and Social Performance programs in line with CoE standards and policies;
• Implementation of strategy and execution (against KPIs) of the agreed CX Campaigns in ’country’ to continuously build a positive differentiated brand and reputation for Shell internally and externally;
• Work closely with the relevant global campaign managers, obtaining their expertise for campaign implementation at the local level and drawing on the global toolkit of materials developed for campaign implementation (minimize re-work of toolkit materials to ensure globally consistent messaging) ;
• Manage local disclosure process and consistency of message in ’country’, in conjunction with Group Media, IR and Legal and according to global processes;
• Manage CX budget in ’country’ and develop local CX talent and ensure professional succession planning is in place.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Confident and trusted individual with at least 15 years experience in a related industry;
• Communication/government /diplomatic and GR/Commercial roles;
• Strong personal and business integrity, maturity and external credibility;
• Multi-task and manage complexity and ability to manage and deliver against short deadlines;
• Strong influencing/motivating skills and ability to drive delivery through others;
• Able to think strategically, have knowledge of business drivers/threats and translate business objectives into multi-channel strategies/plans;
• Self-starter showing high degree of personal initiative, drive, and desire to come up with new business targeted creative solutions in communications;
• Exceptional communication skills - proven verbal and writing skills (English) with ability to distill complex issues into key messages;
• Good knowledge of governance and business control frameworks;
• A good knowledge and understanding of public policy and Shell’s business and technical capabilities as they relate to the energy industry generally;
• Knowledge of social media and using technology for messaging;
• Proven staff development and leading team experience, excellent interpersonal relationships, organisational sensitivity;
• Good understanding of the Indonesia culture and business context.
Deadline application: 14 April 2015
To apply, please visit www.shell.com/careers -> Job Search & Apply -> Indonesia