Senior Internal Auditor
- Internal Audit Manager
- Internal Audit Supervisor
Location: Jakarta (with extensive travel to site)
The main focus of the position of Senior Internal Auditor is to audit the activities of various Newmont Mining Corporation departments and entities to determine adherence to established plans, policies, procedures and good business practices. Fulfills team leader role on certain audits without direct supervision and participates in more complex audits under the direction of an internal Audit Manager or Internal Audit Supervisor. Trains and supervises the activities of start auditors.
* Under general supervision, performs the following functions:
* Performs assignments requiring understanding and application of audit principles, practices, and concepts.
* Assist in devising own methods to accomplish audits.
* Assist in planning work on assigned segments of the audit and in determining the extent of audit testing and workpaper content.
* Review transactions, documents, records, reports, processes, and procedures and prepare audit workpapers, recording and summarizing date.
* Discuss audit findings with operating personnel to verify facts and obtain background information to support conclusions and reach agreement with client.
* Assist as requested with the summarization of audit findings and the preparation of format audit reports.
* Assist in the preparation of presentations of audit results.
The role is based in Jakarta, However, it requires extensive travel to Batu Hijau, Sumbawa (80% or more). Additional travels over extended periods of 3-4 weeks in duration to domestic and foreign locations may be required to conduct audits. Conditions may be primitive at times.
* Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Administration and between 2 to 4 years of public accounting or auditing experience or between 3 to 5 years of relevant commerce internal audit experience.
* CPA or equivalent designation.
* Big 4 accounting firm and senior in charge role experience preferred.
* Familiar with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
* Knowledge of the mining industry is essential.
* Requires a high level of technical skills in internal control and auditing techniques.
* Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
* You must be a confident individual who is capable of engaging senior leaders across the business.
If you are interested in joining PT Newmont Pacific Nusantara, please send your application at the latest by:
Friday, 25 February 2011
PT Newmont Pacific Nusantara
(File name convention : “IA-Applicant Name-NMC”)
The above qualification is strict. Only candidates who meet the above qualification will be considered.