Key responsibilities include:
- Play and prospect evaluation, generation and recommendations to management.
- Evaluation of new ventures at the exploration level and/or development/production level.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of geological studies from early stage exploration to development stages.
- Preparation/presentation of technical material to the company s management, partner(s) and government officials.
- Supervision of all aspects of geology during Exploration/Appraisal drilling as required.
The following skills, experience and qualifications are required:
- Minimum 15 years of oil and gas industry experience.
- MSc or PhD degree in geology or closely related field.
- Asia/South East Asia experience essential in particularly for Indonesia.
- Must be very familiar with all aspects relating to exploration geology, tools and methods, log evaluation and basin modelling including close interface with 2D and 3D seismic.
- Experience in 2D/3D workstation interpretation and/or PC geological software tools.
- Understanding of aspects relating to development geology/field development plans a plus.
- Good knowledge of industry standard geological software.
- Team player and self-starter.
- This is a local staff role open to applicants of Indonesian nationality only.