PT Petrosea Tbk has been designing, building and mining in ail corners of Indonesia since 1972 and today is recognized as one of Indonesia's leading mining, engineering and construction Contractor with international standard capabilities. Due to our rapid growth at present, we are currently taking applicants for :
Manages and ensure all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality
1. Min Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferable in civil engineering
2. Min. 3 years experiences as a quantity surveyor or related with commercial/project cost controller/cost planner in Engineer Project Management support to mining business
3. Good knowledge of construction methods and materials
4. May be required to work flexible hours to suit Project requirements
5. Good communication & negotiation skill, budget handling skill
6. Willing to be placed in all project
1. Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the relevant parties (ex: architect or client)
2. Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks, performing risk, value management and cost control
3. Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
4. Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
5. Providing advice on contractual claims and procurement strategy to resolve disputes between clients, designers and building contractors
6. Analyzing outcomes and create detailed progress reports
7. Maintain and implementing HSE programs including Environmental Management System to ensure the effectiveness of the programs conform to official standard and requirements.
To prepare detailed cost estimates the Company can have confidence in, all in accordance with Company procedures and accepted good practice for the industry. Actively assist the Estimating Team to continually enhance estimating procedures and processes. Actively contribute to a positive teamwork environment at all times.
1. May require local & overseas travel for site visits as well as occasional short term assignments to work in other Petrosea / Clough offices, partners offices etc.
2. Overtime working will be required from time to time
3. May require acting as Lead Estimator
4. Min. 3 years experiences as estimator
5. Min. Bachelor degree preferably in Engineering
6. May require local & overseas travel for site visits as well as occasional short term assignments to work in other Petrosea offices, partners offices etc.
7. Strong background in technical aspect of design, calculation, project site supervision
8. Computer Literate (Ms. Office), Autocad, MS Project
1. Prepare estimates is CES format in accordance with Petrosea’s procedures.
2. Prepare and maintain electronic and hardcopy tender files in accordance with Company procedures.
3. Prepare or arrange for detailed MTOs (quantity take-off) from tender documentation.
4. Attend site visit and prepare detailed report of existing local conditions, available facilities and technical capabilities.
5. Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be included referring the location of supplementary information.
6. Ensure that a comprehensive Subcontract Enquiry Package is sent only to Company Approved Subcontractors for any “major subcontract” work. Terms and conditions of the Subcontract Package must be back to back with the head contract. Comprehensive Subcontract Enquiry Packages to be reviewed by all Division functional departments.
7. Ensure Subcontractor responses are properly evaluated and the results tabulated on a Subcontractor Bid Evaluation spreadsheet.
8. Ensure (by working closely with the Lead Estimator) that the Indirect Cost Estimate is properly prepared and cost.
9. Identifies (with the Bid Manager and Lead Estimator) the “big ticket” items in the Estimate and proactively works on these with the bid team with a value added outcome as the aim.
10. Assist designated Planner in the preparation of the construction schedule, providing man hours and plant requirement for each activity and also indicating anticipated durations and minimum manning.
11. Participate with the Lead Estimator and other Discipline Estimators in benchmarking productivities to be applied to the Estimate against recognized industry norms. The productivity uplift/discount shall be shown separately for each bill item in the estimate.
12. Assist the Lead Estimator and Bid Manager in the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to Company. R&O Matrix is to serve as the basis for estimating an appropriate contingency allowance for inclusion in the Cost Estimate.
13. Ensure the Estimate Basis is “Current Cost” by utilizing the labour and staff rates prepared by the Estimating Manager and all material prices are from current quotations.
14. Present for review by the Lead Estimator the Cost Estimate in detail prior to review of the tender by management.
15. Assist Bid Manager with the preparation of a list of commercial and technical clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
16. Assist Bid Manager in completing Client’s pricing and technical tender schedules.
17. When requested, carry out peer review of estimated compiled by other estimators and or divisions, checking for completeness, pricing accuracy and adequate manning and plant requirements.
18. Responsible for continually maintaining and updating the database of estimating norms including feedback from past projects in Division Estimating and Norms Manual.From time to time work as a Bid Manager
Please send detailed resume including recent photograph, to show your interest for this position, and quoting in email to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word or PDF format with a file size not more than 350kb, not later than 21 January 2016.